What is a push notification?
A push notification is a message that is sent to a device or multiple devices like phones, computers and tablets. Unlike sms messages and emails, push notifications work on a subscriber model. Users must opt-in to receive push notifications. This means that you will see a greater return than any other form of advertising because you are targeting the right customer.
What are the benefits of push notifications?
- It is the cheapest method of advertising. Whether you are trying to build your brand, promoting an event or engaging with your customers. Push notifications are delivered to your customers device.
- There is no limit to the number of devices you are allowed to send a notification to.
- It is simple. Select send notification, complete the Title, Description and Image Fields and Send. Your message will be delivered to everyone who opted to receive notifications from you.
- It is personalised. Your notification will include your logo so that your customers can easily identify who the notification is from.
- There is no limit to the number of messages you are able to send.
How do I sign-up for push notifications?
To sign-up for our push notification service you need to register on our website and create a free business profile. You will be able to subscribe to our push notification service once you have submitted your business profile.
Your notifications are tailored for brand promotion, engaging customers and attracting those customers to your product or service. Your notifications consists of 5 sections:
- Your Logo
When creating your free profile you will add a profile picture. The picture should be something that is associated with your brand, like a logo. The picture should be 512px x 512px with the subject in the center. The picture will be used on all notifications that are sent for the business. Customers will associate the picture with your business and brand.
The title is used to attract your customers attention. E.G. 50% off all goods, Cake of the Day, Live Music Tonight, etc.
The description field is used to elaborate on what the title pronounces.
The image field is used to add more details to the title and description. A good image is more likely to promote engagement. Customers respond to visual stimulus.
This section gives the customer two choices. Visit your page or Stop Receiving Messages.
Visit your Page
This is not limited to your profile page. You can direct customers to a landing page of your choice provided that the page is secure (https:// not http://) .
Stop Receiving Messages
Customers don’t mind receiving messages as long as they are not spammed. Timing is key as well as the number of messages that you send.
Contact us today and find out how you can incorporate our Push Notification Service as part of your marketing strategy.Tel: +27 71 140 3245